Rich Internet Applications
A Rich Internet Application (or RIA) is web site that functions more like a desktop application:
- No more waiting until the page reloads.
- No more long waits for data to download.
- No more layouts designed by programmers!
Why Should I care about Rich Internet Applications (RIAs)?
RIAs have garnered real traction, not just because of the cool technology available, but because people have responded to them
and have become more engaged.
For businesses with a desire for increased revenue, this can translate into a surgical strike - with opportunity to convert more browsers into buyers - more often.
For businesses with a desire to induce operational efficiency, this too can be a surgical strike - with opportunity to engage employees, partners, distributors and the like with utilities that make getting the job done, easier.
Some Practical uses of a Rich Internet Application
- Dashboards & Scorecards
- Product Configurators
- Guided Online Experiences
- Registrations & Transactions
- Account Management
- Electronic Forms & Online Applications
Because RIAs deliver data in a visually engaging and user-focused manner - surprise - users want to use them. With the latest generation of browsers and the spread of high-speed access, the playing field for designing applications has expanded exponentially and will continue.
Some Examples of RIAs
We have built a number of RIAs that are very effective examples of the power of Rich Internet Applications. You'll find a number of them at www.d-p.com/ria
- An updated search tool for Amazon.com
- A diamond search tool for Mednikow Jewelers
- An online enrollment application for AirMed International
- An online application center for Quest Medical Staffing
- An online job application for ATCO International
- Custom nutritional calculators for Moe’s Southwest Grill and Doc Green’s Gourmet Salads
- An e-commerce management system that integrates with boomsocket
- Specific content management functions in boomsocket
approach to developing RIAs ensures that we are using the technology to support the needs of the business rather than manipulating the business requirements for the sake of the technology.
So Why Rich Internet Applications?
Your users want the ease of doing business with or for you.
You want an advantage.
Put the two together and RIAs deliver the goods.